You are here

Mountain Province To Include 60.59-Ct. Yellow In Antwerp Tender

Mountain Province Diamonds Inc. announced that it will include in it its upcoming, February rough diamond sale, an exceptional quality, 60.59-carat, fancy vivid yellow rough diamond. The diamond was recovered at the Company’s Gahcho Kué Mine in October 2018. 

The company’s Vice President Diamond Marketing Reid Mackie commented, “The discovery of this diamond demonstrates our ability to produce very large, high quality, fancy coloured diamonds. We are thrilled to be able to include it in our upcoming sale and present our customers with the opportunity to bid for this important piece of the mine’s history”. 

Also included in the sale will be more than 50 other large, high quality white and fancy coloured rough diamonds. Viewings will take place between February 11 and 21 at the offices of Bonas-Couzyn in Antwerp. 

Mountain Province owns 49 percent of the Gahcho Kué Mine, located at the edge of Canada’s Arctic Circle. De Beers holds the remaining 51 percent in the mine, which produced more than 400 individual diamonds larger than 10.8 carats in 2018.

Leave a Comment

0 Comments