Articulating an industry wish-list, Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) Chairman Praveenshankar Pandya asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for help in ensuring that the Goods & Services Tax (GST) council ensured that gems and jewellery, which sometimes changes several hands while in the process pipeline, was only taxed at the final sale stage.
Pandya also asked the Chief Minister to look at providing Mumbai with a world-class convention and exhibition centre, the allocation of land and clearances for an industrial park for jewellery and help in consolidating the industry’s training and certification efforts by establishing a gem and jewellery university.
Pandya was speaking at the GJEPC 43rd annual India Gem & Jewellery Awards function in Mumbai on Saturday, at which Fadnavis was the chief guest. The Chief Minister assured the gem and jewellery industry that he would do whatever he could to ensure that the wish-list was fulfilled. The industry was one that was important to both the State of Maharashtra and the country as a whole, he said.
This year’s awards were presented as the GJEPC celebrates its 50th anniversary. Industry veteran Sevantilal Shah was given a lifetime achievement award.
The award winners are:
- Cut & Polished Diamonds (Highest Turnover): 1. Kiran Gems Pvt. Ltd. 2. Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd. 3. Laxmi Diamond Pvt. Ltd.
- Cut & Polished Diamonds (Large): 1. Laxmi Diamond Pvt. Ltd. 2. Star Rays 3. Kapu Gems
- Cut & Polished Diamonds (Medium): S. Jogani Exports Pvt Ltd.
- Cut & Polished Diamonds (Small): Royal Impex
- Precious metal jewellery – Plain (Large): PC Jeweller Ltd.
- Precious metal jewellery – studded (large): Renaissance Jewellery Ltd.
- Precious metal jewellery – plain (medium): Emerald Jewel Industry India Ltd.
- Precious metal jewellery –studded (medium): HK Designs (India)
- Precious metal jewellery – plain & studded (small): Shree Momai Krupa Jewellers
- Best agency supplying gold: The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Best Agency Supplying Gold to highest number of clients: MMTC Ltd.
- Highest Limits Sanctioned: 1. IndusInd Bank Ltd. 2. State Bank of India
- Highest number of clients: State Bank of India
- Highest growth of limits sanctioned: Vijaya Bank
- Cut & Polished Coloured Gemstones (1st and 2nd): 1. RMC Gems Ltd. 2. KGK Gems (SEZ Unit)
- Silver Jewellery (1st and 2nd): 1. Vaibhav Global Ltd. 2. ACPL Exports Pvt. Ltd.
- Cut and Polished Synthetic Stones: Industrial Jewels Pvt. Ltd.
- Costume Fashion Jewellery: Amrapali Exports
- Highest Employment on Rolls of Company (Rest of G&J Items): Emerald Jewel Industry India Ltd.
- Highest Employment on Rolls of Company (Diamond): Samarth Diamond
- Highest Taxpayer Company (Rest of G&J Items): PC Jeweller Ltd.
- Highest Taxpayer Company (Diamond): Kiran Gems Pvt. Ltd.
- Sales to Foreign Tourist: Silver & Art Palace
- Highest Importer of the Year (USA): S Vinod Kumar USA, INC
- Highest Importer of the Year (Far East): Kiran Exports HK Ltd.
- Highest Importer of the Year (Middle East): Bafleh Jewellery LLC
- Highest Importer of the Year (Europe): Kiran Exports BVBA
- Clearing agent/flight forwarder of the year: BVC Logistics Pvt. Ltd.
- Life time achievement award: Sevantilal Premchand Shah
- Most socially responsible company: 1. Laxmi Diamond Pvt. Ltd. 2. Vaibhav Global Ltd.
- Most innovative company: Kiran Jewelry
- Best growing company of the year (small/medium): Parishi Diamond
- Best growing company of the year (Large): Kiran Gems Pvt. Ltd.
- Best E-commerce Enterprise: 1. Bodhi Brands Pvt. Ltd. 2. Kiran Gems Pvt. Ltd.
- Women entrepreneur of the year: Sunita Shekhawat